Friday, December 01, 2006

Anger, what?

Actually the place above is Angkor Wat; regarded as the supreme masterpiece of Khmer architecture, it is a huge pyramid temple built by Suryavarman II between 1113 and 1150.

I like to pronounce anger as angor and then it's fun to add the wat part.

Today I was walking to my allergist. I kept getting angrier and angrier. It was weird. I had no idea where it was coming from. The ladies at the allergist office cracked me up with a story of a stuffed dog. I left after my shot and I was fuming even more. Then crying as I walked up Nicollet. Good thing I didn't go to Dayton's. (Not Macy's) for the display. I go home eat a spicy bowl of curry and go to my teacher, Carol Lowell, for a healing session. I lay down in her office and just floated. I could feel how hot her hands were. And this sense great of peace came over me. Afterwards, she told me I let go of alot of anger and sadness. I told her about marching around Minneapolis just pissed at the world. She wasn't surprised. It's common to start releasing stuff before a healing. Oh, that makes total sense!

I left the Center and went to the grocery store. I felt like when you have a tooth removed and you keep poking at the empty space in your mouth. There's this big hole where all this anger used to be. It still feels odd to both feel peaceful and have so much anger gone. The picture above of the Angkor looks holy and peaceful. Peaceful Angkor. Ha ha.

No comments: