Friday, August 28, 2009

MN State Fair Sonnet - Day 2

Sweet Martha's Cookies
The food. You walk in the fair and you are immediately enveloped in a cloud of grease, chocolate and who knows what. There are some old school foods that scream state fair – cheese curds, foot long hot dogs, Pronto pups and cotton candy. Here’s what I don’t understand. There are people that go nuts over the fries at the fair. Plain old French fries. You can get French fries anywhere. And while I am a fan of Sweet Martha’s cookies, they are warm chocolate chip cookies but you can even buy them frozen and make them in your own oven. But hey, to each their own. My rule is, if I can’t make it home or get it at a restaurant, I’ll get it at the fair – mini donuts, corn dogs or what ever is new. New foods – tomorrow.

No comments: