Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Dear God



Dear God, hope you got the letter, and...
I pray you can make it better down here.
I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
but all the people that you made in your image,
see them starving on their feet
'cause they don't get enough to eat from God,
I can't believe in you

Dear God, sorry to disturb you, but...
I feel that I should be heard loud and clear.
We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
and all the people that you made in your image,
see them fighting in the street
'cause they can't make opinions meet about God,
I can't believe in you

From the song, "Dear God," by XTC.

Dear God. Send me a note. In big 72 pt type (see example above.) Because I'm really having a hard time figuring out what to do. What to do with my life, with my love life, where to find my soul mate, what to do with my art, my house. EVERYTHING. If you could help me. If you could speak up. Because I am having a hard time believing that you are there. That you're listening to me. That I have to be in such fucking pain and sorrow. Send the note soon. Ok?

No comments: