Sunday, February 04, 2007

Amy Louise

Back in 1984, when Purple Rain was released, I was in college, at UW Stout. I had just gotten to know this girl in my dorm, Amy. She talked me into seeing Purple Rain at the State Theater in Menomonie. It was great. We were both big Prince fans and the live music in the movie really rocked. She was a motorcycle nut and she loved seeing him ride. I know we went back a few times to see it. We'd drag other people to it but they didn't love it as much as we did. Watching Prince tonight as the Super Bowl took me back to seeing Purple Rain with Amy. I hadn't heard live Prince probably since the movie. It took me by surprise and made me cry. Really hard. It's been three and a half years since she's been gone and I really miss her.

Fuck you, you fucking fucker! And I mean that with all my heart.

No comments: