Thursday, September 10, 2009

MN State Fair Sonnet - the unfair day 2

Last year, I was really desperate for other MN State fair items. I was researching how the fair looked when I first saw it in the late 1980s, which booths have changed or stayed the same. I took a trip over to the Minnesota History Center (I may know someone who was born in the parking lot there.) And they have a quite a treasure trove of books on the MN State Fair. I have the book, "Blue Ribbon," by Karal Ann Marling

















and, "Minnesota State Fair: An Illustrated History,"
by Kathryn Strand Koutsky and Linda Koutsky

















As well as, "Seed Queen," by Colleen Sheehy













and last but yeah least, "State Fair," by Susan Lambert Miller








Let me know if you need a hug or something to get you through until next year's MN State Fair.

No comments: