Monday, February 23, 2009

Health Lottery


The World Heath Lottery
Originally uploaded by dkhlucy
When you buy a lottery ticket, you are buying the chance to dream. "If I win the lottery..." if I win, I'll buy an old silver Airstream trailer and head out on all the back roads. If I win, I'll create a charity and give it all away. If I win, I'll be able to remodel. It goes on. It's sad when you hear the numbers and you didn't win. But you got those few days of thinking about your dreams.

So you have a medical problem and you make an appointment. You start dreaming, will this be the cure? Is this the test that will solve everything? You start dreaming about being healthy again, that the pain will be gone, clothes will fit again. You see the doctor and mostly the dreams are shattered. He didn't find the reason for the pain, there's nothing in the blood tests. You're sent to another doctor and the dreaming begins anew. Someday you'll win, you'll win the prize of being back to normal. Back to healthy.

No comments: