Monday, January 26, 2009

Courtesy Calls


Telephone in telephone booth, Abbotsford, WI
Originally uploaded by Debora Drower.

I have been plagued by so called “courtesy calls” the past few weeks. My car was in the shop so I had to get a rental car. Every damn day I had that rental car, I’d get a call from Enterprise who would give me a courtesy call. “Hi Debora, how’s the car working out?” It probably translates to “Hi Debora, have you wrecked our car today?” Hmmm, that’s right, I totaled the car and I guess I should’ve called. A call from them every damn day.

This week, I’m doing a written survey (I think they get mad if you talk about it) and they give me a courtesy call everyday as well. Again translating to, “Hi Debora, are you writing the shit down or are you fucking it up?” Medica has been calling wondering if I’m going to change my insurance plan. My insurance company has been calling me too, repeatedly, if I have any questions on my insurance. No I don’t. I was wondering if the insurance bill was totally overdue – it won’t be overdue for a month. A courtesy to whom, I may ask, because all these damn calls are not a courtesy for me. It’s a pain in the ass.

No comments: