Thursday, December 18, 2008

Shoe and foot repair


Shoe Repair, Delaware, OH
Originally uploaded by Debora Drower.

I was back seeing my podiatrist today because my feets still hurt. Two weeks ago, I went to see her, and she told me to wear my orthotics all the time. In the shower, in bed. No - but just no bare feet. And it's been getting worse. My shoes have become Cruel. I was back at her office and was joking (kind of) asking could I get a coupon for a foot massage? A light bulb went off over her head, she's affiliated with a physical therapist just down the road. She wrote up an Rx for 12 sessions. My intuition said to call and they had an opening almost right away. I hobbled into the office on my bad feet. Usually you just get the stupid consultation and then NEXT time you get the therapy. Ha! I got some work done, some pressure point stuff, some massage. I got off the table and the angels sang! I may have shouted "Hallelujah, brother! I am here to comfort the sinner and return the stray lamb to the fold." Most of the pain was gone! And I get to go back for more. Just because I was joking around and asked for a massage.

No comments: