Monday, November 17, 2008

Ice cream trucks and rules


McCarty the Good Humor man
Originally uploaded by Debora Drower.

James and I have just been to the IAICV - International Association of Ice Cream Truck Vendors with our friend McCarty - who does NOT sell Good Humor. Ha! He sells for the Blue Bunny. My job is to fake up photos with his face on them for his coworkers. He hates me. Yet we are a customer of his company so he powers through it - like tequila.

We met this kid, Zach at the convention, who had a list of rules and he's repeat them from memory. Zach's rules:
1. Don't get killed
2. Don't get stolen
3. Don't be a pain in the ass
4. Keep it short
5. Don't run through shrubs.

His dad, another ice cream truck driver, would make Zach repeat these rules daily. I think they should be the new "Everything I learned in Kindergarden..."

No comments: