Sunday, March 23, 2008

10 years ago today...


Sass smiles in the snow
Originally uploaded by Debora Drower.

...Pat and I went to the Humane Society of St Paul. We were thinking of adopting a dog. The other dogs were trying to sell themselves by barking and jumping up and down. "Get me, adopt me" they seemed to be saying. We saw this one dog. She was dirty and skinny and was at the back of the kennel with her head down. The little sad dog had given up. Not working it at all. It brought tears to my eyes - this Charlie Brown Christmas tree dog and I turned to Pat to see tears in his eyes. We took the dog out for a walk and she brightened up. Getting away from the noise made her much happier. We took her home and put 20 lbs of Science Diet on her. This is that same sad doggy 10 years later playing in the snow. Miss Sass. Happy Birthday girl.

No comments: